*We are now doing shampoos and blow-drys
We're Back in Business
We hope you and your loved ones are safe, healthy and doing well! Having received the "Go-Ahead" from our county executive we're ready and excited to welcome you back for the hair services you've been so patiently, and some anxiously, waiting for! We are very happy to announce that we will be re-opening Aveda Bethesda Salon on Monday June 1, 2020. We have missed seeing you all very much!
While we at Aveda Bethesda have always offered you a clean, safe place to enjoy your services, rest assured that we will be ramping up our sanitation and safety efforts throughout each day. There will be several changes to the way we do business for the time being. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we implement a few upgrades to our pre-existing protocols to comply with CDC and Maryland State guidelines.
We have been holding your place in line for your appointment with us. We will reach out to you to confirm your new appointment day and time. We will be working by appointment only and with modified schedules.
*Please note, due to high call volume, you may experience a greater hold time than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our staff is working diligently to accommodate everyone who missed their appt in March, April and May due to Covid19.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and our guests is our top priority. We are taking every precaution to limit the exposure to Covid19. Including using hospital grade disinfectants on all high touch surfaces and work stations. Sanitizing all work areas before and after each guest, prescreening clients for illness prior to them coming into the store, taking the temperatures of everyone coming into the store daily. Providing hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes and gloves for our staff.
Health Screening Questions:
If your answer is Yes to any of these questions, you may not be admitted into the store:
- Do you currently have any signs or symptoms of Covid19: cough, fever, rash, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, or nausea?
- Have you been directly exposed to anyone with these symptoms within the last 2 weeks?
- Have you or anyone you have been in direct contact with tested positive for Covid19?
- If yes, how long has it been?
- Were you tested for the virus?
- If yes, did you test positive or negative?
- Have you traveled out of the country within the past 2 weeks?
- Do you live with someone who has tested positive for Covid19?
- Have you chemically treated your hair at home, such as bleaching, coloring, relaxing, chemical straightening, etc? Please inform your stylist if you have!
- All staff and clients will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the store.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. We are limited in the number of people we can have in the store at one time. We can only provide the service that you are booked for, we cannot add-on any services at this time.
- We will not be offering any drink service or magazines. There will be no waiting area. We will be working every other station to help with social distancing.
- We will NOT be doing any esthetic, nail or massage services at this time.
- We will NOT be shaking hands or giving hugs right now. We want to limit everyone's touch exposure as much as possible.
- We will be doing shampoos and blowdrys now.
- We will continue to wash our hands before and after every client. We use a 70% alcohol hand sanitizer as well as soap and water and Barbicide plus for our tools.
- We will sanitize all surfaces & tools at our work stations between every client and throughout the store. There will be a $2.00 sanitation fee added to your total.
- We will be wearing masks at all times and gloves when needed during your service.
- We will have an Informed Consent form for you to fill out prior to your service.
- There will be no late cancellation fee charged in the event that you are not feeling well and need to reschedule, or if someone in your household is ill. Please let us know right away if you need to reschedule.
WE ASK OF YOU:
- To maintain social distancing as much as possible while in the store.
- Please do not touch any of our retail products, we will help you with product purchases.
- To wear a mask that loops behind your ears when you come in for your hair service. If you are having a color service, please bring an extra disposable mask with you because it will probably get color on it & will need to be thrown away after your service. If you don't have a disposable mask you may purchase one from us for $3.00
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time, & please bring a pen with you if you plan on using a credit card for payment.
- Upon entering the store, we ask you that you sanitize your hands, we will have hand sanitizer available for you to use; and we will be taking your temperature.
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks into the store with you.
Thank you for your patience as we move forward and navigate this ever changing situation.
Our Spa is Re-Opening! With extra safety and sanitation measures.
We are so happy to announce that our spa will be re-opening on Friday August 7th!!
We have been cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting everything in our treatment rooms to prepare to return to work.
What we WILL be doing:
- We will be offering ALL of our regular spa services
- All of our estheticians and massage therapists will be wearing a mask and some will wear a face shield or goggles as well during your visit.
- We will be sanitizing and disinfecting our rooms and our hands between each and every client.
- We sterilize and disinfect our re-usable tools and instruments like tweezers and mask brushes with a tuberculocidal hospital grade/EPA approved broad-spectrum disinfectant called Barbicide plus.
- All other items that we use are disposable single use items and are thrown away after use.
- We have added vinyl coverings for our treatment tables that can be wiped down and sanitized and disinfected in between each guest. This will be used for all waxing, lash and brow tint & lash extension services.
- We have added Blueair Blue Pure 411plus HEPA air purifiers to each treatment room to help remove any germs, bacteria and viruses from the air.
- We will ask that all clients come into our store wearing a face mask. We will check your temperature when you arrive, give you hand sanitizer and have you fill out a health intake and waiver form prior to your service.
- We may ask that clients rinse with a hydrogen peroxide mouth wash, that we will provide, prior to your service, if your mask is being removed for your treatment.
- We will be using a disinfecting fogger that uses hypochlorous acid to clean, sterilize and disinfect our treatment rooms that is 100% natural, non-toxic, environmentally friendly, safe and is proven to kill 99.99% of viruses, germs and bacteria.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- For facial services, your mask may be removed only when you are inside our treatment rooms and only while you are having your service done. You must wear a mask the entire time if you are having any body waxing or lash or brow treatments. You will need to put your mask back on prior to leaving our room and going back out into the store.
- For massage services, we ask that you keep your mask on for the duration of your service.
- We will have an extra clean towel on the treatment table for you to be able to easily reach in case you feel the sudden urge to sneeze or cough, so you may cover your mouth.
- We have UVC sanitizers that we will be using to sterilize & disinfect our tools.
What we will NOT be doing:
- We ask that you keep conversation to a minimum during your facial or massage treatment. Please just relax and enjoy your service in silence.
- We will not be using our steamers during our facials services and we will not be using our heated mitts for the time being.
*** If you are not feeling well, please do not come in for your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule your service for another time. We will not be charging cancellation fees if you need to reschedule your appointment due to illness.